Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Do I look older???????

J and Robby
On Tuesday the 30th-The girls and I went down to Salt Lake City to meet up with our dear friends the Martindell's from Arizona. Their son Robby was one of the many boys I use to babysit when I was in High School and now he is serving a mission. Talk about a real eye opener about the fact that I really am getting old!! We had a good time in Salt Lake. They took us to lunch and then we walked around the gateway looking for a few last minute things that Robby needed. At lunch, Robby asked me how old I was going to be the following day, and he is so sweet he said like what 24-25. He about choked though when I told him 30!!! Well I had to leave earlier then they did, so I could get back to get Brady and once I got back to my car, I had a stupid parking ticket waiting for me!! Talk about a bummer since I parked in a free zone so I thought. Well I didn't notice it when I parked and I probably wouldn't have unless I hadn't got the dang ticket, but the back like 6 inches of the van were in a stupid red zone. Well we had gotten a lot of snow so it was all covered. I pay attention to those kinds of things. Heck one day I left a little note for a law-breaking citizen in the same location parked in that red zone. I was so mad!! I usually don't make stupid mistakes like that!! Well my dear husband was so laid back over my costly parking ticket!! Now I wish I had returned to Salt Lake and talked to the people about getting it reduced instead of just paying it. But with 2 little girls and it being winter, I do try to avoid the crazy outings and that would have been one!!
On Wednesday December 1, I turned the big 30 I don't feel any older except when people ask me how old I am and suddenly I'm thrust back to reality that I am no longer able to say I'm in my 20's, but it was a good birthday!! I got a new purple camera!! That I am super excited about!! My other camera was a bit broken thanks to my sweet J-Bug!! But as happy as I was for the new camera I managed to not take many pictures throughout the day!! I went to lunch with my dear friend Melissa and our 3 year olds!! We saw Santa at the restaurant and the girls couldn't get enough of him. The best part was that he totally played the part, telling them that they better be good little girls and listen to their mommy's. Then we went and got an ice cream cone before heading home!! It was such a nice afternoon!! Well when Brady got home, the fun continued. We went to dinner at one of my favorite places, then went and did a little shopping for me!! I'm not usually a selfish all about me kind of person, so it was fun!! I had a gift card that I got to spend entirely on me, but I did spend a little on the girls!! Shhhhh don't tell!!! On our way home, we found some "reindeer" and J was so excited!! They were just by our house and we ended up going back and looking at them for a little bit. They didn't run away or anything. J was sure it was because we had seen Santa at lunch and that he was still around and these were his reindeer. It really was a great day and I am so thankful for a wonderful family and great friends who remembered my special day and made me feel so Old!!!

Can you see him? He's right behind a tree and right in the middle of the picture!!

testing out the new camera!!

She's a little crazy thinking she was okay to drink out of the bottle-she had been sick the day before and she knew it was her's I guess
And Sweet Kynna taking a nap of course!!!

No comments: