It's that time of year once again, when the Primary kids are doing their Sacrament Programs, and Jaylee had her very 1st one this last Sunday!! We had put the songs for the program on her MP3 player and let her listen to them so she knew them REALLY well. I also made a CD for her that we would listen to in the car, since I needed to know them as well. Needless to say, she was super prepared for this program!! Jaylee LOVES to sing, and when she knows a song, she loves to sing really LOUD!!! So we go to the practice our ward had on Friday, only to learn that Jaylee who is 4, was put on the 3rd row back. She was on the 2nd which wouldn't have been a big problem, at least she would have been seen a little, but then they moved her back. Well I told them on Friday that you can't even see her and she really needs to be moved up. Well they hummed and hawed over the fact and made the comment that they don't want her to overpower the other little kids on the front row, but I just kept telling them, but she's 4 and little. So they tell me that they are going to move her up and switch spots with one of the 6 year olds. So imagine my surprise on Sunday to find that while yes they did move her, they moved her over one seat so now there was no way at all to see her since she was now right behind the pulpit. The pulpit with the microphone, which would really pick up her singing!! WHAT? I was so mad. Maybe it shouldn't have bothered me as much, but come on!! You have all of the other little kids in the front, so their parents and grandparents can see them in their first Sacrament Program, but you leave mine so that there is no way she can be seen. She still sang her little heart out, but not like she typically had done, and she did a GREAT job with her little speaking part!! I got to see her, but poor Brady who was towards the back with Kynna couldn't see her at all!! I guess all you can do now is say, at least there is next year?!!

1 comment:
Hello! Just saying hi while blog surfing hitting the "next blog" button...lol. I love how you have so many family photos taken. This is an area I fall short. We are planning to have them taken next month!
Post a Comment