Friday, September 2, 2011

Bear Lake 2011

OH Bear Lake, how I missed you!!  I love Bear Lake and look forward to getting some water-time up there each summer!!  My in-laws own a home on the beach on the East Shore, so because I love being on the water, we make it a tradition to go up during the summer to play.  Because I was super Prego last year, I didn't get to go, but I made up for it this year!!!  We went up Wednesday evening and came home Sunday evening!!  We played on the wave runners, 4 wheelers, the boat, the kayak, and just swimming in the lake!!!  We met some new friends, which was nice since Jaylee needed someone to play with.  Kynna ate a whole bunch of sand!!!  Brady was able to relax and enjoy some of his book!!  We had a really nice time and I already look forward to next years trip!!!!
So the following picture just makes me laugh!!  Jaylee insisted on sleeping on the top bunk, and when we woke up the next morning, this was how I found her and her baby asleep!!  I just laughed because when I was little, I slept sideways in my bed, and all kinds of crazy!!!  Also when Jaylee was just super little, she slept sideways in her bassinet as well!!!



 On the paddle-boat!!  Personally, not my favorite of the Bear Lake toys, but it was fun to take the girls for a ride together as a family!!!

This is by far my favorite photo of the girls playing in the sand.  Pretty much every morning, they would spend some time playing in the sand before they ever touched the water!!! 


 Jaylee and Zander trying to skip rocks across the water


 Jeff pulling Jaylee and Zander in the little row-boat

 Brady and Jaylee on the silver wave-runner.  She is funny, she would beg to go out for a ride but about 2 minutes after being out, she wanted to go back to the shore.  I could usually convince her to stay out a minute longer if I told her I needed her to drive the wave-runner.  She would go really fast if she was controlling it but if I tried to go that fast she would freak out!!! 





 Brady and Mike playing around on the wave-runners







 Jaylee finally got on the floating-dock
 Do you see how dirty she is?  This was how bad she was every night!!  She would full on lick the shoes of people who had mud on them and she wouldn't even flinch!!!  
 Trina, Jaylee, Jeff and Zander on the silver wave-runner and Brady on the red!!  

 Good thing Brady likes the Red Wave-runner better since I love the Silver on and typically only drive it now!!!


 Oops forgot to rotate this before posting it!!!  Kynna and Poppa sitting on the beach

 This is Kynna and I on the silver wave-runner.  She just sat there and didn't move and didn't make a sound!!  IT was pretty funny!!!  She did LOVE the 4-wheelers though!!


 Jaylee on the ski-trainer.  To bad she wouldn't try this behind the boat and then when she wanted to try it behind the wave-runner, it had lost a bunch of air and she didn't ever get to try it!!!



 This was Jaylee most of the last day-hanging on the beach!!  Not sure if she was just super tired or bored without her little buddy Zander, but she hardly played in the water at all the last day!!  Again sorry for the sideways picture
 I had made a Bear Lake Journal for Jaylee and she would write and draw pictures in it while we were making meals or waiting on someone to finish getting ready in the morning.  I also made her an "I spy "B" things" book since we were talking about the letter B at school


 Nanny was wonderful to have around since she would take Kynna up for naps during the middle of the day!!!  Poor Kynna is use to taking 2 naps and she was lucky to get 1 good one while we were up there, but she was still pretty good and pretty happy considering!!

 Our family on our VERY slow tube ride!!  Jaylee was in control of the speed and she didn't want to go very fast at all!!  
 Brady rode the tube back into the shore when we were finished-not is cup of tea but since I had just had a major wipe-out I was pretty well finished with that thing!!!!
 Kynna and I on the boat




 Jaylee sitting in the co-captains chair!!  I pretty much think that she tried out every seat on the boat except the captains seat, well she did that while it was being brought in!!

 Self-portrait!!  Gotta love the fact that this girl LOVES the camera!!!

No comments: