Saturday September 17,2011
I will never really be able to figure out why my daughter who LOVED her princess hair, decided to play hairstylist and cut it with her preschool scissors!! It had been a GREAT day so this came as a total shock!! We were both working on crafts, I was making a new flower headband for her and she was cutting paper. She using scissors daily almost so it's not a big deal for her. I had just mentioned to her that she was getting papers all over the floor, so she walked into the kitchen. I assumed she was still cutting paper over the garbage like she has done many times since she HATES to cleanup when she is finished. Well a couple minutes later, she comes bouncing out of the kitchen showing off her hair, saying "Look at my hair!!!" My eyes got huge, and I just said "Oh no!! Why did you do that?" I really don't think that she completely realized what cutting her hair meant, because when I told her that we would have to have Aunt Marlee cut it really short to fix it, she began to sob and sob and sob!! She hasn't cried that hard in who knows how long but she was really upset!! She kept asking me to glue it back on and then she would say, I want my bouncy hair back!! So I call my sister-in-law, Marlee and ask if they are going to be home that evening since Jaylee had her first Primary Program the next morning. Lucky for us they were home so I take her over there around 8pm to get it fixed!! It was seriously like 7 different lengths, and in the front she has some super short areas and one spot that is cut to the scalp. Lucky for her and me( I don't know how to do short hair) Marlee was able to cut it a little longer then those smaller areas, and just part it so those spots are covered with some of the longer hair!!
This is her just after it happened laying in her bed!! She locked herself in her room and just cried!!!
Just before getting in the bath to wash what was left, she did let me snap a few pictures of what she had done!!
The side look!!
At Aunt Marlee's getting it fixed!! She did not want anyone to talk to her about what she had done, and she didn't want anyone to see it. I did get her to come in, but she would act like she was super tired or sleeping when someone tried to talk to her about it!!
The new Jaylee hairdo
For Church I flipped the ends up and put in a headband. It was super quick and it really did look cute!!
She misses her long hair, and when drawing pictures of herself, she draws her long hair. She tells me that she liked that the new haircut didn't take very long to do, but she wished she hadn't cut her long princess hair. It was down to her bottom, but this new hairdo will be a nice change!! And it will grow back fast!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment