Now that our baby is 2 weeks old, I guess it's time to get back into the blogging world!! It's been a crazy couple of months but I feel like we are finally getting settled and back into some kind of routine!!

At my last Doctor Visit on the 29th of July (her due date), my doctor told me that she doesn't like to hit the 41 week mark with pregnancy so she told Brady and I to pick a date to be induced if I didn't have her on my own before then. We picked Monday the 2nd of August since I wanted her to wait until August to be born anyway!! That weekend was kind of crazy, we went to the movies and I fell kind of hard. That night I started having some minor contractions but nothing serious enough to think she was coming on her own. But they went away and all day Sunday I had nothing!! We took Jaylee to my friend Melissa's to spend the night since we had to be at the hospital at 6:30am. I didn't sleep a wink and Brady got a little more then me!! We were both excited and ready for our new little girl to come into this world and join our family!!
This is us once at the hospital!!

So they broke my water and started me on patosen(no clue how to spell that one) around 7:45am. The contractions started pretty much right away but nothing to bad or to strong. I planned to go natural without any pain medication like I did with Jaylee. But once they upped the patosen and contractions were coming hard every 2 min and then even closer, I was dying!!! I kept apologizing to Brady that I couldn't do it. And when they checked me around 10 and I was only at a 4, I started asking for the epidural. There was no break to hardly breath between contractions and I figured I had a ways to go still. So around 10:45am, the epidural was done and I was feeling SOOO much better. I was able to relax and even dose off a little. Brady's parents got there just before that and it was nice to have another person to talk to. Brady was so concerned for me and was trying to be so supportive, but he hated seeing me in so much pain. I swear with Jaylee, I don't remember it being that bad or that intense!! Well needless to say, when the nurse checked me like 15 min. after the epidural had kicked in, I was at a 7 and then about 45 min. later I was ready to deliver our little girl. I was a little shocked when she checked me the last time that it was time to have her, but I was also so excited. About 15 min. later at 12:17pm our sweet little MaKynna Shirley was born!!

She looked so much chunkier then Jaylee did, but she doesn't seem so now. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 21 inches long

And just like Jaylee she has lots of dark hair!!

Brady has another little girl to adore him!!

MaKynna with Mommy's Doctor-Dr. Karen Boheen

Mommy and Daddy with MaKynna

Nanny and MaKynna-this is where the middle name comes from. We had never planned to name any kids after anyone with the exception of when we have a boy it will have Brady for a middle name. Well after giving Jaylee the middle name Carol after my mom, we felt like next girl we would do that for Shirley. We love our mom's so much and it's been fun to see how much they have loved the honor of these little girls being named after them.

Poppa and MaKynna-poor Poppa got kicked out a couple of times during the labor and delivery. I love my father-in-law but my own dad would have been kicked out too!! Sorry Mike!!

Brady was able to help with the first bath in the nursery!!

All clean!! So every time they would take MaKynna to the nursery for weighing or whatever, they would always play with her hair. It wasn't just one nurse but all of them loved to fix it and add bows to it. It was kind of funny!!

However their bows weren't big enough for my liking!! I made this bow for her with her initials on it and then Jaylee had a matching one too. Kind of big but hey it wouldn't be one of my girls any other way!!

The girl Triplett's!! They guys were there too but I don't have a picture of them with MaKynna

Aunt Marlee and Tenley with MaKynna-Tenley is so sweet. She was so worried about why I was in the hospital. She kept coming over to my bed asking if I was okay and when I told her I was great but that I just had my baby she was okay with that. Sweet girl!!

So Jaylee had spent the night with my friend Melissa who has twins the same age as Jaylee-well Brady was going to go get her Monday afternoon, but Jaylee fell asleep so Melissa told him to just let her spend the night again and that she would meet up with him the next day. So Jaylee didn't meet her until the next day, and she was so excited to finally see her!!

She is so soft with her and she just loves her to death!!

They had a nice dinner for Brady and I the last night at the hospital. The food was great, especially their cheesecake!!

My dear friend Melissa and her cute kids!! Jaylee informed me the other day that I only have 1 friend in their family and that she has 2, and they like her best!!

MaKynna is ready to go home!!

Jaylee is also ready to go home!! Although she loved spending the night with her friends and her cousins!!

Our sweet new little baby!!

Brady with his girls!!
I delivered at Davis Hospital and I would again in a heartbeat!! They were wonderful and for all those peeps out there that don't like them for this and that reason-their crazy!! It was super nice, the nurses were wonderful and the food was great!!
1 comment:
Congratulations!! She is adorable, both of them are. I HATE Pitocin. It is the devils drug. I feel for you babe! I hope you are enjoying your sweet little one and are fully recovered.
Post a Comment