Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Planting Season, well almost...

Today was transplant day with our little garden. Our little tomato plants were getting way to big for the little pots they came in so it was time to move them to the big buckets. We're doing a raised garden since we don't really have space for anything else. You can kind of get an idea of how it works from the pics below. The buckets just sit on wood that is raised by blocks. We are so excited and can't wait to taste all the yummy veggies from our own garden!! Hopefully it will be great like Marlee's!! My sister-in-law is a rockin' gardener!! If it wasn't so windy, they could stay outside, but for now they are still in our dinning room.

Look how big one of our Tomato plants already is. It was just a little duffer when we got it!!
Of course our little helper girl was right there to help her Daddy!!
Daddy teaching J how to use the hose... that might come back to haunt us later!!
Our pet named Lady!!

3 comments:

Marleepatts said...

I would say more average-than rocking but thanks for the shout out.

Me, Myself and I said...

I hope you don't mind... Your blog is so cute! So I took a screenshot of your blog and I intend to put it as an "in use" example on Dotty Dot Dot.

Courtney said...

YUM! Nothing better than garden fresh veggies! Looks like that tomato plant is gonna bring you LOTS of yummy treats. My roommate is totally doing the buckets.... I wasn't sure if it would work but seing your pics I'm feeling it will be a success!

Miss you guys!!