Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween Festivities!!!

Without a camera, I still managed to get a few shots of things we did during the Halloween days!!  My camera will sometimes take a couple pictures before it stops working again and I keep trying since I know I have to wait a little closer to my birthday or Christmas before I get a new one!!  
These first pictures were taken at J&J.  They have a little pumpkin ride and you get to go out to their pumpkin patch and pick a pumpkin.  We actually went twice since we went with Brady's parents and the Hospital the first time.  This is when we got our pumpkins, and then we went with our friends the next time.  I did let J get a little pumpkin that time since she claimed that the one she got was to big!!  It's a fun little tradition and we had a great time!!!


 J loved these little picture ops!!  We actually took these one day when we went to get Brady for lunch one day.  It was nice since we didn't have anyone else over there wanting to take pictures!!  
 on the Hay-ride with our friends.  Most of the kids all sat together and I couldn't get them to look at me so I just took it!!  That is my friend, Melissa down there leaning forward.  The girls all wanted to sit together and then her nephew and son were on the other side of them so we basically had almost an entire side of the ride!!
 Another one of our new favorite traditions during Halloween is going to the Syracuse Pumpkin walk.  It is so cool to see what other people have carved into their pumpkins!!  It's just a fun little thing!!  Anyways, after waiting until the last night last year, we decided to go the first night this year and it was perfect!!  We didn't even have to wait to start the walk.  Although I didn't like the way they set it up this year especially since they did a lot of it on the grass instead of the sidewalk, and with our little stroller it was such a pain to push it on there.  I really liked the one way they did last year as well.  This year it was more of a free-for-all and it just got congested even with there not being as many people.  I would have rather waited a little then to have that madness!!  
 I had tried a couple times to get pictures but my camera finally decided to work with perfect timing since J had found her favorite pumpkin!!  Of course it was a Unicorn!!  She is all cowgirl I swear!!  She LOVES horses and everything associated with them!!

 And Halloween!!  Since Brady didn't get home until after 5pm, and the girls were sooo ready to go, I let them do a little trick-or-treating to our neighbors while Brady got changed and ready to go.  Kynna was hilarious to watch.  She would NOT let go of her bucket and then we had one neighbor who wasn't home and she seriously threw a full on temper-tantrum in his yard.  She just kept stomping her feet and looking back at his door and screamed.  It was seriously the funniest thing ever!!!  J basically sprinted from house to house so that she could get to as many as possible before it was time to go to Nanny and Poppa's house.  We got up there a little late since everyone else had been there and already trick-or-treated to their neighbors.  We had dinner(soups and of course Snake Sandwich) and then we took the kids out again for the real trick-or-treating!!  We did a couple of streets and they had so much candy and the girls were ready to go back, so Brady and I took all the girls back to his Parents.  J was suddenly wishing that she had stayed once she realized that she could have gotten more candy.  I took her around to Nanny and Poppa's neighbors and she was good with that!!  Kynna was not to happy with not being able to eat every piece of candy as it dropped into her bucket!!  She has a sweet tooth and if we would have let her I think she might have eaten most of it then.  But now the candy has kind of worn off and there still sits a big bowl that here pretty soon will just be thrown away.  I tried to convince J into taking it to her dentist and letting him buy it from her but she wasn't having that.  Kynna was a Giraffe and J was a ladybug fairy if you asked her.  



No comments: