Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Things I dislike...

Well I'm going to ramble for a moment, since I'm just in that kind of mood!!  It has been super crazy around here lately!!
#1-Not having a camera~We watched our nephew for a few days, and it was nice to have him with us and feel like what it would be like with twins!!  I really wouldn't mind and as much as those 2 one year olds got into, it really was fun!!  I totally am sad that my cameras are not working at the moment.  I have no idea what happened!!  My new one hasn't been working since Bear Lake, and my old one which I switched back to after the other died, is now not taking pictures!! I am dying without a camera!!  I got these onesies from Huggies that I was going to put them in and take pictures, because I thought it would be funny, but of course that never happened!!  Guess what I'm asking for my birthday or Christmas!!  I don't know if I'll be able to make it that long without one though!!  I am a pictureaholic!!!  How do people live without a camera at their fingertips?!!  I guess most people use their phones nowadays, but the camera on my phone, sucks!!!
#2-Funerals especially around this time of year~I had a friend from my old singles ward, die this past week.  Super sad and totally unexpected!!  I am the type of person that because of all of the many deaths I have dealt with in my life, I feel like it's the right thing to do by going to a friends funeral.  However because of said deaths, I hate them around the change of seasons time, mostly because no matter what they always seem to take me back to that October day 1993!!  I know, that was a LONG time ago, but you never really forget moments like that!!  Now add in to the equation, little kids because it seemed like everyone had something going on or was out of town, and it's a joy-NOT!!  Thank goodness for good friends who were right there ready and willing to help!!  Which takes me to my next dislike...
#3-Open caskets~ I typically don't mind seeing the body, except when they don't look the same as I remember them!!  I like to remember people by the good times we had, and not the bad that ultimately took their life.  Well this dear, sweet friend had been through a LOT and she looked like it!!  I have tried so hard to get that image out of my head and remember her as a fun, loving person that I knew her as, and it has been hard!!  I wasn't prepared for that and usually in that type of situation, I wouldn't go through the line, but in the moment I got talking to old friends and the next thing I knew, the friend in front of me turned around and told me she looked rough, but it was to late and I was already there in front of her!!  Lucky for me, Jaylee was over on one of the couches, and MaKynna was buckled in the stroller and couldn't seen anything!!  All and all, I was glad that I was able to be there, kids and all!!
#4-The fact that my dear Husband doesn't like Pumpkin~How in the world do you not like pumpkin!!  It's not just him, it's most if not all of his family as well!!  I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin rolls, pretty much anything pumpkin, however at this wonderful fall time of year, I don't really get to enjoy these wonderful pumpkiny treats since he doesn't like them!!  Oh well I suppose there are worse things in life, right now I can't think of any, but I'm sure they exist!!
Really that was all I suppose!!  I really can't complain!!  Things are going really well with our little family, and hopefully some good changes are headed our way!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I with Brady on the pumpkin thing. Nasty! Sorry about your camera. I can't even imagine you without a camera. Just go borrow my moms until you get a new one, she won't even know its gone.

Courtney said...

No camera? UGH! Sorry to hear Em's funeral was so tough.