Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter Weekend...

I'm just a little behind again!! We had a good Easter weekend!! We had a couple of friends here from out of state, and it's always a blast to see them and spend time with them!! Jaylee and I had a very busy Friday. We met our dear friend Cyndi for lunch at our new favorite place. She and her family moved to Idaho awhile ago but we get to see them on the first weekend of every month!! Which is wonderful!! Then we met our other friends for dinner at another favorite place. Leslie was in town from New Mexico, and we haven't seen her in awhile, in fact Jaylee had never met her. But after about 2 seconds, Jaylee and her were buds and Jaylee threw a fit when she couldn't ride with Leslie. It was cute!! I also finally got a picture of Courtney and Jaylee together in the outfit that Court got her for her birthday!!
Jaylee and Courtney
Cherisse, me, Leslie and Courtney
Then on Saturday we kind of shot from the hip with what our plans were. Les was going to go with J and I to let Jaylee do an egg hunt, but it was really cold and my little girl is kind of a whimp when it comes to the cold, so she chose to do a project at Home Depot instead. I was certainly glad about her choice, especially since I forgot a jacket. Well we kind of forgot a few things, because once we got to Home Depot we realized that we had forgotten Jaylee's cute little apron. Oh well!! At least they weren't painting this time!!
She looks so happy?!!

Leslie helping Jaylee

Can you tell she's done a few of these things!! She gets so mad when you try to help her!!

The finished Butterfly House
Later that night, everyone went to Nanny and Poppa's to dye Easter Eggs. It was so much fun to watch the kids!! They all have their own style and own way of getting the eggs colored!!
Tenley and her green hands

Harper and her very colorful hands

And then there is Jaylee who didn't get much on her hands because she would drop the eggs in from high above!!

Tenley with her daddy

Cute Harper

Hudson and the mostly PINK eggs

The very creative Pacey

Tate and his colorful eggs
After coloring the eggs, Aunt Marlee helped the kids decorate cupcakes. Well they were these super cute frogs but I think the kids were more interested in the frosting and candy!!
Tenley didn't get much on her cupcake, she just licked her frosting out of her little bowl!!

And Jaylee ate 2 pieces of candy for every one she put on her cupcake
And then Easter Morning we woke up to more snow, so our little Easter Bunny hid the eggs for Jaylee in the house!! And she was allowed to do her egg hunt in her nammers instead of all dressed up!!
Look at those bunny feet left in the snow!! I guess the bunny snuck in through the backdoor!!
Jaylee coming down the stairs ready to find her basket and eggs
She was just a little excited
It took her like 1 min. to find her basket
She got a great big coloring book of Dora in her basket
An egg hiding in the plant in the dining room
after finding all the eggs, she was excited to see what was inside
Later that day, after getting dressed and it warmed up a little, Jaylee and I went for a walk while everyone else was taking a nap or watching tv or something!! We have this little route we like to go on and I made her stop and take a couple of pictures. This isn't her Easter Dress and because it was conference weekend, I didn't even put her in it at all!!
She LOVES to be outside!! Hopefully the weather will warm up again and stop with the snow!! We woke up to more snow again today so we're not to happy about that!!!
So even though we weren't in Sedona with 70 degree weather, we had a good Easter Weekend!!

No comments: