***Kind of long and rambling but you got your warning!!***
This weekend has been a long one with many emotions!! Brady was sick on Friday night into Saturday, again!! We don't know what's going on with him but he keeps getting really sick for a day but besides throwing up he doesn't have any other signs. It makes me so mad, and I know it shouldn't but as I sat with him through the night on Friday night, I felt like such a jerk to be mad at him about something he obviously can't help!! My patience is so shot with this pregnancy but I'm trying!! I thought about Brady and the husband and father that he is. He works so hard and tries so hard to make Jaylee and I happy and to be a part of our lives!! He's such a great example to me!! He's been through so much in life, yet he strives every day to be better then he was the day before!! He loves me, he loves Jaylee and he loves our Heavenly Father!! He's so faithful to me, and I know he always will be!! I love him so much so I really just need to chill if this sickness thing happens again, but really I'm hoping it won't!!!
Saturday night, one of my nephews was baptized!! I'm so glad that we were here to witness his baptism!! But really is was Sunday that touched me the most!! We had another nephew who was blessed and there's such a sweet spirit around during baby blessings. Brady and I sat 2 rows behind his family but of course Jaylee had to sit with her cousins. It was nice to just enjoy the meeting and watch her from a distance. I thought about how lucky I am to be her mommy even though she is crazy and a little wild at times!! I thought about this new baby we are expecting and wondered what she'll be like. And then as I watched my little girl sit with her Aunt's, my heart was so full of gratitude that I've been blessed with Jaylee in my life. By the time we have this baby, she will be almost 3 1/2 years old and I'm so thankful that we've had that time with her. We've known from before Jaylee was born that she would require more love and attention then most kids, so maybe that's why she was first and why we haven't had another baby yet. And I'm so grateful that we are back in Utah where so can be close to her cousin's that are the same age. Not that it matters but hopefully they all learn from each other and share a bond that's so special. She's not a baby anymore, she's a big girl with a personality all her own!! She's stubborn and determined and while at times she makes me madder then a hornet, I've learned that even though I thought it would be Brady who would be the softy, it really is me!! That girl can usually get more out of me then her daddy!! She has a love and excitement about life that I just adore and give in to. Like yesterday when I wanted so much to be mad at her when she and her other 3 year old cousin decided to take a walk and go pick flowers from a guys yard on another street, I was scared to death when I couldn't find her but then they come happily up the road, once I was down the street and around the corner with no shoes on, and they hold out their hands full of some ones tulips and tell me that they picked flowers. When I tried to explain to her that it's not okay for her to take walks by herself, she informs me "but I was with Tenley!!" I realized I had to change my wording to "when she's not with an adult" real quick!! So she sat with her daddy for a few minutes thinking she would get a clue that it's not okay, but then she did it again!! Well I think she might have finally got the memo that it's not okay when she was no longer allowed to play with her cousins for taking off again. Cousin's are everything to Jaylee, so that got her more then being sent to bed early!! Brady took her to apologize to the guy and she felt really bad about doing it after she realized it isn't okay. Luckily the old guy wasn't a total jerk, but rather helped Brady to explain to her that it's not nice to pick people's flowers without permission. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again!! I love that girl more then anything, and I enjoy the moments that I share with her!! And I am so blessed that my little girl is surrounded by family that loves her from both sides!!
I promise I'm done rambling for now!! I just had to write down my feelings about my little bug!! And so I never forget these moments when it's my heart taking the pictures!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you take time to share such sweet thoughts as these! You are a great mom Em!!! I'm so proud you're my friend and such an awesome example!
Post a Comment