Friday, January 1, 2010

We Love you Grandpa Hoover!!

I was once told that when you write you should write about things you know. This is what I know!! The little boy in this picture grew up to be a GREAT man!!!
A loving brother who always looked out for his sisters and brothers!!
A Corporal in the US Army, he served our country with great strength and great pride. He believed in the American way, and he LOVED America!!
A Veteran of World War 2, he came home and continued to be a hard worker. And he was all of his life!! He was always tinkering with something!!
He had a smile that made you believe that you could do anything!! And if you needed the help to do it, He was right there to help you!!
He LOVED his family!! 4 Children, 14 Grandchildren and 18 Great-Grandchildren with 3 more on the way. His family was everything to him!! The only times I've ever seen him cry, were always associated with his family!!
His hands had so much strength and so much tenderness as well!!
He LOVED to be involved in what was going on, even crazy things like 3 witches thinking they are so cute and so cool!!!
He LOVED to play and it didn't matter what the game he loved to spend time with the kids!!
He will always have a very special place in my heart and I always knew I had a special place in his heart!! I was his "Little Doll" all my life and I always will be!!!
He was loved greatly by his kids and grandkids and great-grandkids!! 9 of them carry the Lee part of his name in some way!!
He was a man full of love and ready to give to anyone who needed it!! He lived a Great LONG life and we're happy he's having a sweet reunion with his family. His Parents, siblings, 2 grandsons and most recently his son, Rick. We will miss you so much Grandpa, but we will always remember the Legacy of Love and Family that you shared with us!!! May you forever Rest in Peace!! And may you forever Know that our Love for you will never die!! Thanks for being a wonderful Man, Father, Grandfather and Great-Grandfather!!! I know why my Dad is so wonderful-He had a GREAT example!! We Love You!!!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Great post Emily. You did a good job.

Anonymous said...

You made me cry of course, but thank you for sharing such tender and sweet remembrances of our Great Patriarch!!! I love you "Little Doll"!!!