I was playing around with a few pictures this morning as I've been going through mine for my mom. I sure Loved this Man!!

This one of Grandpa and Kevin is sweet too!!

This is another one from when Jaylee first met Great Papa!! I guess I should be grateful!! A few years ago as I watched my siblings have kids and watched those tender moments with Grandpa and them. I Longed for those moments with one of my own. When Grandpa got really sick just before Jaylee was born, I thought I would never get that. But then he got better, so when she was 2 months old, she and I flew to California so she could meet this special man. I remember as we walked through the door I couldn't help but smile as I placed this beautiful new little spirit in the arms of this amazing old spirit. I took a ton of pictures that day and the 3 days we were there, but my heart captured moments that a camera never could. I am so grateful that over the past 2 1/2 years, I've been able to get some great memories of this Gentle man with my little girl. A little girl that is so much like her namesake. She is one of the 9 that carries a part of his name, but she carries so much more then just his name. And I hope it always stays that way!! Yes Grandpa was stubborn, and a "slave driver" at times, he was opinionated and at times loud, but you always knew where you stood with him. He was gentle, and kind and sweet. He was tender and loving and had an understanding of family and love like very few I know!! If that's how Jaylee turns out to be, she'll be okay!!

This is from this last Halloween. I love how big he's smiling here!!

And this is just a classic picture of a young man going to serve his country and the story is told, he came home a better Man!! He served his country Great!!! He worked hard, he cried for his Army Family, and he laughed with them. He found new ways to get along in a bad circumstance. He wanted warm showers so he took an old radiator and tinkered with it until he was able to get his warm shower. Her served in Japan for a time and when he and his Army family found food stashed in these huge underground rooms, they shared it with the people of that country. He was the go-to guy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment