Friday, June 19, 2009

An Early Father's Day gift...

So my crazy ideas have got the best of me yet again. I saw an idea for this Father's Day Project and of course loved it and had to try it. I told my sister about it and she wanted her girls to do it also. Brady had to close tonight and so we did it today. They turned out cute but a few things I know to do differently with this type of project next time. Of course when Brady gets home it will be waiting for him tonight but J is of course already in bed. She loved doing this project. She's really been into the tracing hands lately and she'll get her paper and crayons out and tell me mommy hand so she can trace it. Some days my hands almost look a little normal but I almost always have some kind of crazy growth or sharp point for fingers. She was all over having her hand traced once she knew what Aunt Steph was going to do to her.
She is so proud of this project!!
Jaylee playing peek-a-boo with the bag of candy
Lizzi, Nikki, Aunt Steph and J-Bug all working on their Father's Day projects
J putting the candy into her Daddy's jar
She had to do it by herself, why am I not shocked about that one?!!
Really she just wanted to steal a few pieces and think she was getting past mommy with it. Even if I hadn't noticed her taking one here and there, the chocolate on her face would have given it away!! Silly girl!!
J-Bug decorating her little hands for her Daddy
Nikki with her finished project
Lizzy with her project
One thing I would do differently with this is get a smaller jar. It didn't seem as big as it was until I started putting candy into it and had to go get another bag of M&M's because it wasn't holding the stick things up!! We will have candy for months now too!!!
Her little tag made from her hand print!!
I know the real reason Jaylee is so proud of this little project is because she knows that she'll be able to talk Daddy into giving her some CANDY!!!
Happy Early Father's Day Brady!!! We love you so much!! Hope you enjoy this part of your gift!!!

2 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

That is SO cute!

Suzanna said...

So adorable! I saw some of the pics on facebook...and I copied. Hope that's okay! Yours are cuter though! I just used while paper and had McKayla color them.