Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bear Lake

For our 4th of July and Summer trip, we decided to go to Bear Lake. Brady's parents have a house up there on the lake, and we had a BLAST!! Jaylee now loves the 4 wheelers. We took her on a ride the first night we got there, and she just smiled and laughed the whole time. We'd stop to take pictures and she would get so mad and just wanted to go. The whole week she'd hint at taking a ride, and we took her often.





We had 2 days to ourselves, so on one of those days, we went over to Garden City for lunch. We love to go get a Raspberry Shake from LaBeau's. It's the BEST!! Jaylee fell in love with this little Bear, so she got that from their little shoppe, and Jaylee loved the fries and shake but we could only get her to eat the hamburger if there was fry sauce on it. And she now thinks that she needs her own cup of water whenever we are out anywhere. Don't worry folks, it's just WATER in that cup!!



Mike (Brady's Dad) came up late Monday night, so on Tuesday we played on the lake with the boat and wave runners. We had such a blast!! Jaylee learned to say POPPA this day and was so proud of her new word, that it has stuck all week!! And she knows exactly who POPPA is!! Jaylee liked the boat as long as she could have a little freedom, and if there was someone skiing, wake boarding, or tubing that she could watch. We had a BBQ on the beach for lunch, which was GREAT!!




On Wednesday, we had a few other people join us in the fun at Bear Lake. Nanny(Brady's Mom Shirley) Uncle B and Aunt Kim, and then our friend Courtney. And the fun got even better!!



We played all day on the lake on Thursday. It was so beautiful all day and the lake was great!! Or in the words of the Bouwhuis clan, it was a Chamber of Commerce day!! Friday(The 4th of July) wasn't so nice. We never did launch the boat or the wave runners. It was cloudy and the water was way choppy all day. We set up the beach stuff, but we just relaxed all day. Those of us that went down to the beach just read and talked all day, while a few others never even made it down to the beach, they stayed up at the house and slept. Saturday wasn't as bad as Friday but it was still nothing like Thursday. We had a great time though!! I have the best wipe out picture of Courtney also that I have to say I'm proud of my photography skills!! Sorry Court-I had to post it!!


A few other shots from the week...









**I got sunburned on my arms on the first day out, so I wore a t-shirt the rest of the week. That sun up there is vicious and I didn't want a bad burn like I got the first year up there.
Jaylee found a few things she could do while on this trip!!

She learned to steal chips from the snack bag

She learned that most of us adults leave a little pop in our cans so she can get a taste

She loves to have her piggy's painted

She learned she can hang out on the back of the trailer and have a great time

She learned that beach toys look cool on your head as well

She learned she's the princess once again

She learned that she's happy just sitting in the shade with her toys on a blanket.

She's not a sun girl like her mommy!!



She learned that POPPPA is the coolest guy ever, he gives her cookies!!



She learned that the first lake water is really warm and has mud to play in and eat(YUCK)!!

And Jaylee has mastered the stairs both up and down

3 comments:

cheloni said...

Looks like you guys all had an awesome time!! Nothing better than a relaxing vacation with the ones you love!

Courtney said...

That wipe-out picture was pretty AWESOME! I'm suddenly so grateful for your love of the camera and many years of many many many many many moments of picture taking so you could get that picture! I may always out-spend you, but you will forever out-take me on pictures!

Most of all from this trip I love all the things Jaylee learned. Remember how fast the sugar hit her when Poppa gave her 2 cookies before dinner? LOL.

Stephanie Shultz said...

Oh my Em, Jaylee looks just like you in the picture of her playing with the beach toys. She has the bucket on her lap. I guess I never saw it before because she has way more hair then you ever did at this age. lol ;) I love you guys!