Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jaylee's New favorite things...

1. Merry-Go-Rounds
Brady ended up getting off early on his birthday, so we decided to go out to dinner at The Pizza Factory(they have one in St. George that we went to on our Honeymoon and fell in love with) We were so excited to learn they had built one in Ogden at the Junction. So after pizza we walked into Fat Cats next door to goof around. Well we put Jaylee on this little Merry-Go-Round thing and she loved it!! In fact after we had used all of the tokens for this ride, she threw a fit about having to get off of it!!


I just love how she demands the attention of everyone around her, like she knows she's the princess or something!!
Oh don't mind the seat belt. It was broken and I wasn't about to let her go without one after she had tried to crawl out of the shopping cart the other day and almost got onto the counter before I noticed her!! Anyways, so I just tied the thing in a knot!!


2. TUTU's
So any of you who really know me, know that I'm not really in to the sewing scene, but that has changed. I got this sewing machine that works great from a lady in my ward. Well my mom taught me a little when I was younger but I always wanted to do other "fun" things so I didn't pay that much attention. Well now that I have this adorable little girl, I have cool things I want to do for her. So for her birthday, I wanted to have this done but I didn't want to do it by hand, so my mom helped me make a quick tutu for her highchair. So the other day, after getting my sewing machine back from having it cleaned and looked at just to make sure, I pulled out all the stuff to make this, and I must say for a first sewing project or any project for that matter, it really turned out cute!! I got ribbon to match the one around the top of the skirt to make hair things, but I haven't finished them yet. It's a little to big right now which is good because when she's ready to really play with it, it will fit perfectly!!




3. Summertime and Summer Clothes

My other sewing project, a little dress for Jaylee. I just wish I had made the straps a little longer so that the bows can be seen more. I'm still learning though!!







4. Fake Cries

Jaylee's latest talent has been her fake crying!! It's so funny to see her trying her best to convence everyone that she is really sad. It just makes us laugh!!
5. Signing Time

Jaylee is really starting to pick up on signing. She has been asking for Signing Time almost daily now which is great because she's learning more. She can now sign: milk, more, cheese, yes, book, read, dog, cat, baby, bath, ball, wash, eat, and water without any problems. I'm so excited for this!! I tried making a little video of her doing some of the signs but she wasn't very helpful. She just wanted to play with her ball and drink her milk!!




2 comments:

Courtney said...

So I love the sewing skills. VERY nice job on the summer dress!

Suzanna said...

I love signing time too! McKayla LOVES it also! Anytime I put in a DVD, whether or not it is signing time, she starts "singing" the theme song. She moves her hands all over when it starts and smiles so big! She only watches bits and pieces of it, but she's catching on quick! Kids are such fast learners!