When Brady's Grandpa died a couple months back, it really started stirring in me that I wanted to go visit my grandpa. Well I started bugging Brady about wanting to go and then my dad had his crazy little mini stroke and it really kicked in that I needed to go. My Grandpa is getting really old and he's been making it known that he doesn't think he's going to make it through the winter. I told Brady that for my birthday that I wanted to go see him. Well since my birthday is in December, I knew it wouldn't fly to go then so we went to California for a few days over Halloween. We had a great time and it was nice to see Mom, Dad, Grandpa, GG and a few other special people.

Papa and Jaylee right before we left

A little twist to 4 generations-Great Papa, Papa, me and Jaylee

Great Papa and Jaylee-the Lee part of J's name came from this special man!!

Grandpa and I

Trying to explain to Jaylee that we had to go home, she didn't want to leave


Jaylee took this picture of Grandpa

The whole time we were there, Jaylee loved to play ball with Great Papa but mostly she would try to hit him with the balloon. He loved it almost as much as she did.


Jaylee's first time climbing the wall

Tea party with Ayla

Ayla and Jaylee got to feed Aunt Judy's fish


And drive the little quads


And once they were willing to put on the big helmet,


they got to ride the big ones

At Grammy's school helping her with her book fair

I Love this man!!

Grammy and Papa at dinner one night

So my Dad got corn with his meal, however Jaylee decided that she wanted some of it. So Papa shares with her and hands her a piece, but since at times she is such a girl and can't stand to have her hands dirty, she conned him into holding the corn for her while she ate it. It was so funny and so cute!!

Giving Grammy kisses


Brady and Dad in Columbia

When I was little, we would go to Columbia every year for a field trip and while I don't remember everything about the little town besides the rock fort and the panning for gold, I do remember that I would get one of these GREAT Big Jawbreakers. I thought about getting one for old times sake but I knew I wouldn't ever eat it. But hey I got a picture of one!!

Brady making a candle

J tipping the guy that was singing

Enjoying a nice Ice Cream cone on the bench while listening to the guy sing

The stagecoach

Jaylee and her ice cream that she wouldn't share with anyone!!

Brady with my Grandma (AKA GG)

Another twisted 4 generation picture

GG getting kisses from Jaylee

On our way to Sonora
I had expressed to my parents that while we were out, I wanted to show Brady the grave of my brothers. Well the week prior was the 16th anniversary of when they had died and although I thought I was doing pretty well with all of it, there was one thing I wasn't ready to see and that was my sweet little girl standing next to their grave. She is so young and I'm sure she remembers a little more about them then maybe I do since it was only 2 years ago that she left them. 16 years is a long time, but it's times like these that I can't help but wonder what our lives would be like if they were still here. I know it was the Heavenly Father's plan for them to go, but I'm still selfish and I still miss them, and so as a result I still wonder!! The Jay part of Jaylee is from my brother Jared that was just older then me. Man how I miss him!!


Jaylee just kind of looked at it and didn't say a whole lot except when she was crying because she didn't want to leave her flowers at their grave. See how she's standing so close to them like at any moment she's going to change her mind again that this is okay. She really wanted to keep her flowers!!

But then she started pointing out all of the different things on their headstone

The Memorial at the High School


This was at a cool resturant that we went to the last night that we were there. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but they had some way cool sculptures!!

This is at our old Stake Center from when I was in Young Women's. They made this cool little Young Women's Grove and since my dear Brady is such a tree guy, I figured he would love it.

This is the Blue Spruce that our little Branch planted. It has grown so much!!


Brady and Jaylee standing at the gate to the grove. It really is a special little place!!
So that was our quick little trip to California!! Thanks Brady for taking me to see everyone!! Thanks Mom, Dad and Grandpa for putting up with us and making sure we had a nice visit!! We Love you guys!!!
2 comments:
What fun pictures! I didn't know you had 2 brothers that died. I can't imagine that. You are so positive about it. :) And Jaylee is so adorable!
The restaurant you went to is the Elephant Bar! We have been there a couple times and the girls loved it, because of the giant elephant!
Post a Comment