The backyard tree that split and pulled the power lines down with it!!
The trunk of the front yard tree
Good thing it went towards the street and not into the house!!
Well as many of you know, last week we had a really bad windstorm that managed to kill the power and take down thousands of trees in this area of Utah. We live in the little pocket of Davis County that was lucky enough to be without power for 5 days and then for us, since the back tree pulled down the power line, we had to wait until late that evening before it was back on in our home. It was crazy!! Of course it also happened to be my 31st birthday, so I teased that it was because Mother Nature thought I needed help blowing out all of those candles, but mostly it was just a pain. The first night, we honestly thought the power would be back on way before then, we stayed at our apartment in the freezing cold. We all slept in our bed and put lots of extra blankets on, but since our girls are use to their own beds, it was a horrible night for Brady and I and our girls!! We tried so hard to keep warm, but when it's super cold outside and even colder inside, it just isn't fun!! The second night, knowing we couldn't stay in our place again, we went to a hotel that was offering windstorm discounts. Brady's parents, of course were without power as well, and they had the room next door to us. We went swimming and made a fun little stay-cation out of it. And the next day, my in-laws power came back on so they were nice enough to let us stay with them. I was so glad to not be sleeping in the cold again!! That was seriously not fun, but Brady and I did learn a few things from this little storm-We need to be better prepared!!! We are planning to work on this right away!! It is so nice to be home after having to be away, even though I do love getting away and going on vacations. I think it was mostly because I was not prepared at all for this. And when we were grabbing clothes Friday night, I managed to grab all kinds of off colors for shirts to go together. Lucky for me I did grab the same shoes!! We put all of our food into ice chest but most of it went bad, even putting more ice in when it was needed. Our ice chest with all the frozen food was still frozen, but the food wasn't, which I thought was kind of odd. And the other 2 ice chest, were way warm when we opened them up after getting home. I know our apartment was super cold still and we put ice in them 3 times, so I'm guessing that they aren't the greatest of ice chest. Good to know!! Prepare! Prepare!! Prepare!! Is our motto this year!! Hope all of you had minimal damage and that you enjoyed my birthday storm!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment