Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5 Years Ago...

So Brady and I were talking last night and realized that 5 years ago around this time was when we actually started talking to each other again. For those of you who don't know, Brady and I had been really good friends for about 2 years before we ever dated. Then we dated for a few months and when we broke up it was kind of messy!! So for 6 months, we didn't even talk to each other until about a week before his birthday. We both know that we needed time to deal with things and needed the break, but now looking back it's kind of a funny thing!! I still tease him about breaking my heart and he gives me a hard time about telling him to get over himself and that I had moved on. We weren't very nice to each other. But I guess that time apart taught us something that we needed. I am so glad that I married my best friend. We have so much fun together and enjoy so many of the same things. Of course we don't get to do them all the time and often have an adorable little girl that joins us on our outings, but we love each other and since we were friends for so long before dating and eventually marrying, we know each other all to well. Of course that can have it's down-falls at times, but I wouldn't trade my friendship with my husband for anything!! I love him so much!! I'm so thankful for the man that he is and the father he has become!! This pregnancy has been a lot harder on me then last time, and he just takes such great care of us!! I try to do it all for him but often fall very short especially right now as I'm finishing up with this pregnancy, and he just picks up my slack!! Brady, I love you so much and am so grateful you answered my text that May day 5 years ago!! Thank you for EVERYTHING you do!!

2 comments:

Me, Myself and I said...

Aw sweet! <3

Cherlyn & Rich Dufresne said...

I remember those early days and afternoons chatting it up at Jamba Juice drinking smoothies with Emily. Seems like a lifetime ago. I am so glad you guy worked things out. I wish you all the joy in the world. Cherlyn