Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Name Game...

The Rantings of Emily strikes yet again!! Sorry but I'm sharing with all!! One of the best part about having kids is picking these cool great names that you are just inspired to use for each of them. With Jaylee's name, we both knew right away that it was the right name and she totally fits the part of being a Jaylee!! Well this baby is causing a little more grief in our household!! We both agree that if it is a girl, her name will be McKynna Shirley, however the boy names we are not agreeing with!! We had picked out the name Kyler Brady when we were pregnant with Jaylee, if she had happened to be a boy and for a long time we both thought that we would again stay with that name. Well a little over a month ago, Brady tells me that he feels like we should name this baby after his little brother Micah that died. Well I immediately put up a fuss about it and I thought it was just because it doesn't have a Y in the name. (We agreed when we were first married that all of our kids would have a Y in their name-no clue why but that's what we did) So I thought of other ways to spell Micah, Mykah, or Mycah. Well Brady didn't like changing the spelling but I thought I would have time to work on him with it. But for whatever reason, I am just not feeling Mykah in any form of the spelling. It's a great name, but I just can't accept this name. Maybe it has more to do with all the craziness going on in our lives right now but that's where I am. So if this baby is a boy, don't be surprised if his name ends up being Mykah Brady (this is my choice for the spelling). We'll see though!!!

No comments: