Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jaylee's First Big OUCH!!!

The red spot is her cut. Sorry the lights in the bathroom reflected funny!!

Jaylee has really been in to this whole jumping on the couch and chair lately. We stop her every time she does it because it's not okay in our book. We keep telling her she's going to bounce off and get hurt. Well the other day it happened. I was sitting in the chair and she crawled up and started bouncing on the arm of it and just as soon as I told her to stop she fell off. Well I wasn't quick enough to crab her and she didn't cry to bad at first. Brady jumped up immediately and picked her up but she wanted me. Well her head went against my cheek and then she saw the blood. We didn't know that it was even bleeding until Brady looked over again. It was REALLY bad and with all of her hair it looked even worse I'm sure. Well after finally being able to find the actual cut we decided it would only maybe need a stitch and that she would be more traumatized by all the hospital stuff then it would be worth. My mom told me to tie her hair in a Knot and that seemed to get it to stop bleeding finally. Well it's a nice little cut but nothing horrible. It was scarier to see her poor head covered in blood then anything!! Needless to say we kept her up until around 11pm that night to make sure she was okay and then she slept in our room just so we could make sure. Well her dear Grammy told her she could have as many Popsicles as she needed that night and so now she tells about getting hurt and then tells me that Grammy said she could have a Popsicle. It's been almost a week and she still thinks she needs them. Today was the first day that she jumped on the couch again since then. But once I reminded her of when she fell and hurt her head she stopped. Hopefully that will forever keep her from jumping on the furniture now!!

1 comment:

Me, Myself and I said...

Head wounds bleed the worst. Poor thing.